Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emergency 911!


It's a Kindergarten Emergency...call 911.
I went out of town and left behind,
All those Capital letters for my kids to find.
Capitals should be here.
Capitals should be there.
I looked at their writing and capital letters were...not even there!
Tell me what happened.
What should I do?
Can you imagine if this happened to you?
It's a Kindergarten Emergency of the worst kind.
All those lessons and capitals they left behind.

I needed some help and I needed it QUICK!
So out come the Alpha Pops right on a stick!



It was an emergency and we needed some more.
So out come the capitals dumped on the floor.




You ask how this happened and I have not a clue.
But if it happened to me, it can happen to YOU!

We got out the anchor chart and had a good look.
And then we found capitals right in a book!



We've searched and we've sorted letters a lot.
And talked about what gets a capital and what does NOT!


It was a Kindergarten Emergency of the worst kind.
But I have checked in their writing and capitals I now find...
; ) 



For a freebie click on the image above!


4 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Love the rhyme! I liked how you related it to the anchor chart. Wonderful as always! A class favorite is Alphabet Mystery; I always have to buy a new one because it is so well loved. Another great one is Superhero ABC!

Lori Rosenberg said...

Those are all my favorite alphabet books! My students want to hear them over and over again!

Sincerely,
Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
Teaching With Love and Laughter

She (Sprinkle Teaching Magic) said...

Oh for goodness sakes this is amazing!!!! I am having this same emergency in my kinder class BIG time! This post has really inspired me to tackle the capital letter emergency head on. I also pinned that Anchor chart capital pin on Pinterest and now I know how to make the lesson all come together.

Love it!

Sheila

Sprinkle Teaching Magic

Kristin Young said...

Your rhyming is cracking me up. Love all the alpha ideas! :)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover