Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Hop AND FREEBIE AND Sale!

 Have you set some New Years resolutions for yourself this year? This year I am trying something new. I am working on goal setting in my personal and professional life and looking at it as a shift in thinking rather than a resolution. I realized that I needed a new way of working towards a goal in order to accomplish it. I feel that a better planned out goal setting plan will help me to accomplish my goals and move in a new direction this year!

My friends at Freebielicious and I want to share some of our goals and resolutions for 2014 with you! To help you get a jump start on the new year we've also added some freebies that may help you reach your own similar goals. 
 On a personal level this year I have learned a lot about accomplishing a BIG goal. This past summer I committed to home organization and went at it full force with my lists in hand and each day I would force myself to tackle things I had left undone. I went from room to room and closet to closet and drove myself crazy in the process. I wanted it ALL accomplished before going back to school. As I worked on each phase of the major overhaul, I realized that my goal of 2600 square feet of complete organization in 30 days was...unrealistic. Did I make progress? Yes, I made a lot of progress but the process was tough and overwhelming.
Although I made tremendous progress with my entire life organization, I realized that my goal was not specific enough, measurable, attainable, relevant or realistically time bound. So I now have had to change or shift my thinking just a little and look at goal setting a little more realistically. And this is what I have used to keep me in check!
To read more about goal setting click here and start setting your own goals for the new year!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B880dj2FM0WyUHRISGJ0QWJ4VHM/edit?usp=sharing
If you need a copy of the SMART goal setting page just click on the image above! So, how is this going to help me? Well, I have learned that writing everything down and looking at it and making adjustments has been a big part of reaching a goal for me. I have to see what I am working on or I tend to forget about it. Just having the SMART outline defined helps me to plan and keep my goals realistic and in better focus. So now I look at smaller more specific goals, working towards the bigger picture. Organizing and entire house in 30 days has changed into a closet in four hours. And when you accomplish one goal you move to the next and eventually the bigger picture! As I march into a new year I now have a new plan to reach the big and the small goals. I hope to have a year that is filled with many milestones and accomplishments! Oh-I almost forgot...I am having a ONE DAY SALE! Happy New Year Kinder Friends!

Hop on over to FREEBIELICIOUS for all of the fantastic resolutions and matching freebies!
http://freebie-licious.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-year-new-you-new-freebies.html

3 comments:

Marsha McGuire said...

Such a SMART resolution. Thanks for your generosity friend.
Marsha
A Differentiated Kindergarten

Erin Lukas said...

Love the freebie! Smart goals and the best way to go!

Erin
Creating & Teaching

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the SMART goal freebie!! We have been using this goal setting strategy as a staff for the last few years. I LOVE it!
Shelly
The Land of Glitter

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover