Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Eric Carle Inspired Moon DIY

We have been so busy building reading stamina, learning counting strategies and learning how to become independent writers. I am thrilled to see some small glimpse of independence emerging within my class. It was nice to be able to take just ten minutes at the end of the day and work on some kindergarten DIY! We are creating an Eric Carle inspired moon to hang in our ever changing Science Center. It was nice to just be able to have a chance to glue tissue to our project and reflect on the day with different groups of children. I tried to live in the moment of those little ten minutes and just be with the kids and allow them to talk and I would listen. I was a little surprised that they wanted to talk to me about what they had accomplished that day. It was nice to end this hectic day on such a positive note. As for the finished moon project... We still have a little to go and when our Science Center is finished, we will post it along with the information for the project...we are kind of learning as we go. If you are interested in Kindergarten Science, please join me on my other blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover