Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am thankful...


I saw this super cute idea on Learning With Mrs. Parker and I loved it. I wish I had seen it in time for my class to make these. As I was going to sneak another peak at her blog, I was thinking about how thankful I am. It really goes without saying I am thankful for my family and friends and co workers and I hope each of them know how thankful I am that I have them in my life. But I wish I could say face to face how thankful I am for my blogging friends. When I was thinking about blogging and told a few people about it I was laughed at and a few times made fun of. And as my blog has grown, I have been teased about it more than once or twice. But I have to say it doesn't bother me a bit because blogging has been one of the best things I have ever done in my professional life and it has seeped in to my regular life as well. I have had the opportunity to be a part of Teaching Blog Addict and I have had countless opportunities to participate in new adventures and learn and grow as an educator. I have learned from all of the contributing authors and I have taken knew ideas, inspiration and knowledge into my classroom this year. But on a personal level, I have meet some amazing teachers through this experience. I am now a contributor to (I don't really want to count) many collaborative blogs and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Blogging has given me a creative outlet that feeds my need to create. My favorite part of blogging is getting the emails from the teachers, parents, friends and bloggers who follow my blog. I still get super excited about comments. I also love it when I just get the random email asking how I have been on a personal level. And I LOVE going to blogs and seeing those posts of ideas and products that I can take directly back to my classroom. 
I wanted all of you to know I am so thankful for giving me your gift of time to visit my blog, encourage me, teach me, learn with me and laugh with me. YOU have made a difference in my life and that has made a difference in my classroom. I wish I could tell you in person so you could hear me say it! I mean it! I wish you and your families a wonderful Thanksgiving and I can't wait to hear from you soon! 

1 comment:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Thank you for being such a sunny spot in my blogging life. I look forward to your posts and learn so much. Dice, anyone? :) I love your positive outlook and passion for teaching. Stop by my blog to pick up your Sunshine Award.

www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover