Sunday, January 8, 2012

Celebrate Diversity!


Hello Kinder Friends, 
As I was just looking in my local Barnes and Noble store today I ran across this book. I always wanted to see inside this book and just see if it was as good as the cover made it seem. I LOVE this book. I love the illustrations and I LOVE the simple text. But most important, this book gives a simple message... although we may be similar, no two alike...almost, almost but not quite. This is the perfect book to read now and the perfect book to enter into a discussion on diversity! This will be one of those books that I am afraid to put on a bookshelf. Right now I have 3 books that never, ever go on a bookshelf for the fear of loosing them. The books that never make it to a shelf are the books that send a message to me to remember the meaning or the reason I bought the book. When I walk around the room and get a glance of one of those special books it instantly reminds me to remember why I bought the book in the first place. This just keeps me in check with small goals I set for myself. 
So when I see this book I am thinking... 
CELEBRATE DIVERSITY! 

3 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I bought this book too and plan to read it this week.

Unknown said...

Book looks great! I will have to get it! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Deb said...

I'm going to look into this book! My monsters need some additional instruction/help/guidance in understanding/accepting students that are different. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh My Little Classity Class

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover