Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Change!


Hello Kinder Friends,
I was encouraged by your emails and a very persistent reader ; ) to take this Staples letter a bit further. And if you know me personally there is nothing I hate more than asking for help. But I am asking for help this time... I have been emailed and messaged over my Staples letter for what feels like a million times. It seems that a lot of teachers share the same feeling about the change in policy. If you shopped with Staples last year, I am sure you have gotten your letter in the mail that clearly states the new rules.

My reason for writing the letter was because I truly believed that if someone with a little power could understand why it is so important to us, then surely they would consider a change. I understand I was wrong. My letter was honest and to the point. I shop for school supplies for my classroom because I do not get what I need. It does not matter to me why this happens year after year, it just does. I am a teacher and back to school shopping is a lot of fun for me because I love my job and I love what I do even after all these years. I realize that as a consumer I have a choice and I can go somewhere else across the street where a teacher can purchase class sets of 25 and not have to go in and out of the store, take a bus load of neighborhood kids or wear a wig and sunglasses to shop in your store.


I just thought that if someone knew...they might make a change! If you would like to make a change click on the image above to sign the petition... And thanks, as always!

I loved crayons growing up.

And yes, I still remember my first box!

5 comments:

Mrs. Gorbe said...

I remember that last summer there were deals where they didn't even let teachers get more than 6 max. Actually, I think that was on all the items for me! (I was buying a set of whiteboard erasers.) Soooo..I have 2 young kids. I take them with me (and usually a friend of theirs) and give them cash and have each one of them buy the limit also. I know someone at Staples once told me that I couldn't have the cashier HOLD items that I was going to walk out and come back in for (it was a manager). so guess what. I didn't buy them. I did get a deal at Walmart (ick) on crayons based off the Kmart ad (triple ick in my town), so that was cool.

Anonymous said...

Signed and shared with all my FB friends! :)

Kim
Carried Away in Kindergarten

Tangelia C. said...

I signed the petition! And I placed it on my sidebar to spread it! Thanks for all you have done!

Tangelia C. said...

Mrs. C I sent you the directions on how to add the petition button to your sidebar! It should be in your e-mail now! I hope this helps!

Tina said...

I signed the petition and have already sent a personal letter to them concerning this. I got the same response that you received. I think we should all boycott them if they don't change the policy. I can usually get a classroom set of sale items at Office Depot if I show my teacher ID card so they may get alot more of my business.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover