Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fill Your Baskets Freebie!



 
Happy Easter Friends,
I am teaming up with my friends at Freebielicious and joined in for the "fill your basket" fun! I am super excited to be able to share with you some science spring inspired freebie fun for your classroom. I was really inspired when I saw this picture on Pinterest from Play Create Explore. I loved it and it instantly made me want to create a pond in my water table to go along with our research writing on water and ponds.
 
 
How simple this is to put together for some pond fun? Naturally I thought this would be a good time and a good way to cover the objective-
The student is expected to observe and describe physical properties of natural sources of water, including color and clarity.
 
 
So I created this simple recording sheet to help us out with this investigation! It was fun to get out our magnifying glasses and get a good look at some water.
 
 
And since we were doing a little research on water and ponds we had to do a little labeling too!
 
 
You just know all the water and pond talk got us thinking about frogs so we just had to sneak a frog in there somewhere! And on my search for some more pond fun I came across some new books to add to my collection!
 
 
By far this one is my favorite pond book especially for young scientists! This book provides a lot of great pictures and information about pond life.
 
 
And who could even think about ponds without reading In the Small. Small Pond. I love this book and it is great for a discussion on descriptive words!
 
 
For more science fun about frogs and life cycles please join me here by clicking the button above. I just bet there might be some frog and pond inspiration there too!
 
 
To keep this fun moving right along and to fill your basket with some wonderful stuff from the best of the best, just click on the image above to visit Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business and keep on hopping! Mrs. Miner is one of my favorite "go to" teacher bloggers so I know you will love what she is sharing today! Have fun Kinder friends!
PS. To get your freebies from this post just click on the images of the freebies!
 


14 comments:

Erin Lukas said...

I love that water table pond! What a great idea!

Erin
Creating & Teaching

Lori Rosenberg said...

Such cute froggie freebies! Thanks so much!
Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

A Special Kind of Class said...

I love science. Can't wait to use this.

Mandy
A Special Kind of Class

Kinderglynn said...

This is so cute. We were just reading about the life cycles last week so I can't wait to get back and show my kiddos this. Thanks
donna

Annie Moffatt said...

I LOVE your science stuff!!!! Thank you so much!!
The Moffatt Girls

Unknown said...

I love it!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kristin said...

So fun!!! Love it!

Michelle Griffo said...

This is the best freebie! I will use it next week!
Michelle

Marsha McGuire said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this. My son has a frog habitat that he got for his birthday last year. I think I might just have to steal it. Thanks for being so generous.
Marsha
A Differentiated Kindergarten

Jodi said...

So much fun!!

Kreative in Kinder said...

This is great because we actually have a pond at school. I'm so excited. Thanks for the great freebies!
<>< Crystal

Mel D said...

This is awesome! I love all the pics!
Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

Unknown said...

What a wonderful freebie... science is my weak area and I am happy for any extra resources I can get my hands on :)

Maria
Kinder-Craze

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You always have the best Science ideas! Thank you!
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover