Monday, February 15, 2016

If The Light Is Glowing...

Hey Kinder Friends,
You can imagine things are in full swing as we gear up for spring. I am looking forward to the sun shining and a little more light at the end of the day. Inside the classroom we settled into a nice routine and things are moving right along. As the class works more independently than in the beginning of the year our small group time becomes a lot more focused. And since this time is so precious you have to think about preventing those distractions. You know they mean well but constant interruptions can be a problem from time to time. So, this year I was wondering what I would use to give a silent signal that would remind my friends to quietly just move on. To be honest I didn't want to make a sign and laminate it. I wanted something to grab and go. I had an extra lantern on hand and I decided to give it a try. When I brought it in the kids immediately asked me if it was from my camping stuff. It gave me a chance to answer their questions and sit down with them and discuss how the lantern would be used. We brainstormed a lot of different sayings and the end result is this.
If the light is glowing...you better get going!
Which really just means no interruptions. And it didn't take long for the kids to catch on. You can find lanterns like this on Amazon for under ten dollars and in different colors.

3 comments:

A. Reed said...

Love this! Clever~! :)

Unknown said...

I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. C said...

Thank you ladies!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover