Thursday, December 15, 2011

Measurement Toolboxes!


As I was preparing for Math after the holidays I remembered a great teaching tip someone gave me a long time ago. If you class does lots of hands-on measurement with non standard units of measurement you might want to try Measurement Toolboxes! You can put whatever you have on hand inside them and they can be changed quickly. 
I quickly gathered links, color tiles, cubes and teddy bear counters to put in mine. 

You can easily differentiate what is inside for different groups of kids or use the simple color coded system. All in all, materials are ready to go in a flash! 

1 comment:

kinderdi said...

Love your measurement boxes idea! I am going to put a few together for my class to use. Thanks for sharing on your blog. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover